Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Credits are an essential part of professional development.
UK specific CPD credits are being applied for all attendees of the Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium APM course.
Non UK based practitioners
If you are planning to attend from the USA/EU or other countries than the UK please discuss with your national registering body if they are prepared to accept a cross transfer of self accredited CPD credits and or the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT). Please note that: AMA PRA Category 1 credit is not available for Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium APM.
CPD Credits are provided from:
- Self Accreditation from the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy.
- Others, as required, will be considered.
The Royal Colleges of Physicians approve external CPD events for post-training physicians.
External events are defined as educational events which are targeted towards physicians from multiple hospitals and trusts. External events may be regional, national or international in character.
Medical Drs.: The Royal College of Physicians have recommended that medical Drs attending the AFMCP-UK training claim the hours attended as ‘Self-Accreditation’ They may record a maximum CPD educational activity of 36 credits. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Medical Drs: Under the CPD guidelines issued by the academy, 1 credit per hour attended may be applied to your annual CPD educational activities requirements. Attendees utilising their respective royal colleges CPD mechanism will record this event under ‘Self-Accreditation’ and ensure that as per usual they complete the requirements to describe the relevant activities for their clinical life and their reflective learning assessments are recorded.
DCs, and DOs: For Osteopaths and Chiropractors in the UK and EU the need for external accreditation will be determined by your registering body. Please check with them as to which CPD credit you can use. You will be able to claim 20 hours of CPD.
The Position in the UK and Europe
- Nutritional Therapists: The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists. 20 CPD Credits have been approved. additional credits may also be logged by attending the optional sections.
- Naturopaths: Please contact your own registering board to ascertain if these recognising authorities are compatible.
- Nursing Professionals: Please contact your own registering board to ascertain if these recognising authorities are compatible
Do Not Recognise These?
If you are seeking approval for CPD credits from your own professional organisation and you are unsure about the status of these awarding bodies in relation to your own CPD/CME requirements, please contact your own professional bodies in the first instance and if required please ask them to contact us for additional information.